The objectives of COACTEA are:
- To represent member associations collectively in initiating and responding to communication with government, employers, tertiary institutions and other organisations where appropriate;
- To provide a common voice on educational matters in the interests of member associations;
- To enhance the public profile of member associations and hence the contribution they make to education;
- To promote and support activities that assist and develop members in the practice of their profession;
- To facilitate communication and networking, and sharing of resources between member associations;
- To liaise with other bodies on matters of mutual interest to the member associations; and
- To auspice new education associations.